As I confessed with The Special Collection Libary, The Holden Gallery is something I have walked through most days for the past two years and have very rarely found time to stop and take in what's there. So I thought I would begin by looking at The MA show currently on display, which is hosting D&AD work as well as some beautiful and quirky textile pieces. In particular two D&AD projects stood out. I think this was because they were artistic and a lot of my frustration comes from trying to separate the two, and then trying to marry them. I'm trying to find a balance. I have always been fascinated by those who have their own unique and commanding style. My work seems to get lost in the conceptual and never seems to progress into the visual. I think researching/idea generating/blogging is sometimes my way of procrastinating.
Dave Molloy




I find this work so intriguing. There is so much depth captured in it, a combination of linear approach and image manipluation. I imagine this to be the kind of work that every time you look, you see something different. I would love to know the concept and process behind this body of work. The light was poor so my photographs don't do these portraits justice but I loved the glossy quality of the print. That is an area I want to become more familiar with over the next year, so that I can get the most out of my execution.

No comments:
Post a Comment