As a Western, I have to confess to wrongly being quite hostile about this film before it had even begun. Open minded, I gave it a chance but I believe you know within the first five minutes of a film, whether you have been transported and captured by a story and this was one that failed to reel me in. I felt it began quite slow, though there were some beautiful shots through the carriage windows and the black and white was a refreshing change. I thought there was much to be analysed and read in to, to the point where if you didn't it was beyond comprehension. I am quite analytical but I didn't enjoy responding to this. I'd be interested to hear feedback on this film, other peoples thoughts and feelings. Perhaps I missed something?
Thursday, 26 November 2009
Dead Man (1995)
As a Western, I have to confess to wrongly being quite hostile about this film before it had even begun. Open minded, I gave it a chance but I believe you know within the first five minutes of a film, whether you have been transported and captured by a story and this was one that failed to reel me in. I felt it began quite slow, though there were some beautiful shots through the carriage windows and the black and white was a refreshing change. I thought there was much to be analysed and read in to, to the point where if you didn't it was beyond comprehension. I am quite analytical but I didn't enjoy responding to this. I'd be interested to hear feedback on this film, other peoples thoughts and feelings. Perhaps I missed something?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment