Friday, 9 October 2009

This Week:

So... this week has been full on for tutorials, I saw Liz on tuesday about 'Silence', and Clinton this morning to talk Dissertation.

The first tutorial for the new brief went well, lots of discussion and some extra ideas came out of it.  A bit more direction and contact time wouldn't go a miss next week, but I have to make the outcome individual to me, best to just get cracking!  Been working in the studio this afternoon and have generated some new/further ideas.  Some are quite interactive which is something Liz suggested I look into.  Finally feel ready to get out of the sketchbook and do some visual experiments.

Tuesday afternoon, we watched short film La Jetee, I don't think I understood one minute of it, but I liked the still image and narrative combo.  Thought that was quite an interesting idea.

Chris Marker, filmmaker, poet, novelist, photographer, editor, and now videographer and digital multimedia artist, has been challenging moviegoers, philosophers, and himself for years with his complex queries about time, memory, and the rapid advancement of life on this planet. Marker’s La Jetée is one of the most influential, radical science-fiction films ever made, a tale of time travel told in still images.
1962.
La Jetee
Chris Marker


And the dissertation feedback.  This was really useful.  Clinton made some really interesting suggestions for my line of argument, got me thinking in a more specific way as well as suggesting how to gather primary research.  Time to get on with things!

No comments:

Post a Comment