Thursday, 30 July 2009

D&AD Degree Show 2009.

I just got round to typing up a review of the D&AD 2009 Degree Show for my journal, and thought I would include a brief post on here. Fashion Photography has become a focal point in my studies and I thought that the examples of this were art directed with interesting narratives and contributed towards some really enjoyable visual aspects on show. I enjoyed having a good flick through the portfolios, and browsing the blogs and sites of the work that interested me. I hope to develop into the areas of art direction/fashion photography and book making in my third year.

Jennifer Gladman
"Make Do & Mend"

The only crit I would make was that the show was a lot smaller than last year and lacked that feel of a personal space for each individual to exhibit a body of their work. I had a good look around other departments and theirs were vast in comparison. I am guessing this to be a downside to the move to the fourth floor, hoping this doesn't affect us too much next year...



Emma Pilkington
"Modern Day Wartime"

No comments:

Post a Comment